Top 5 Factors to Consider when Choosing the Right Standing Desk
February 11th, 2020
Have you decided you want a Sit-and-Stand Desk but are unsure on where to start? Choosing the right sit-stand desk can be a daunting task, so we’re here to help select the best fit for you! Here are our top 5 factors on what to consider when determining which desk to get:
- Noise: Noise can play a large role depending on your work environment. If your working space is fairly loud then this won’t be as much of a concern, but if you work in a quieter environment this may be more of a determining factor as people often do not utilize sit-stand desks to their full potential due to the fear of disrupting colleagues. Ensure that your sit-stand desk is quiet enough for your work environment.
- Ease of movement/ ease of use/ speed: Honestly, we are the first to admit that sit-stand desks can be a real pain to manually adjust, which can often lead to users not taking full advantage of the true benefits that ergonomic desks have to offer. This is why we’d recommend purchasing a sit-stand desk that has an automated control panel. Our Smart Sit-and-Stand Desk has an Embedded Touch Sensitive Control Panel that automatically adjusts to a user’s optimal height in order to keep the transition between sitting and standing convenient and efficient.
- Programmability: Sit-stand desks will often have several memory settings to make the height adjustment faster and easier. Our Smart Sit-and-Stand Desk connects to our mobile application in order to save preferred heights and select from a variety of pre-made desk routines or develop your own custom routines. Make sure to do your research and find a sit-stand desk that offers the most beneficial programmability for you!
- Budget/Cost: Sit-Stand desks can be a large investment, but thankfully in today’s age, there are sit-stand desks available for a variety of budgets. Sit-stand desks can range in price anywhere from $500 to upwards of $2000 depending on size, brand, features, etc. If you are looking for a more affordable version, our Smart Sit-and-Stand Desk is a low-cost, premium quality solution with a starting price of $649 CAD.
- Tabletop: Depending on your office space, your tabletop may be an important factor to consider. When looking at tabletops, it is important to consider the size, shape, and material. If you do not have a lot of space in your work environment, a smaller size or more space-conscious shape may be the way to go. Here at Ergonomyx, we have three different desk sizes to choose from along with both an ergonomic and rectangular desk shape option. You also want to ensure the tabletop itself is durable. Tabletops are often made from several different materials, including particleboard, plastic, steel, and oak. Our Smart Sit-and-Stand Desk tabletop is made of 100% sustainable bamboo, which is not only durable, but also sustainable.
Sit-stand desks are well worth the investment and choosing the right one for you can make all the difference. Selecting a standing desk will likely involve finding one with the right price, material, and functionality. No matter the desk you get, we’re confident getting a standing desk will provide a huge benefit to both your overall health, and work satisfaction! To learn more about our Sit-and-Stand Desk, as well as some of our other products, click here.